Today is Day 2 of my Christmas Craft Countdown. You can view my first post here. To recap, I've set myself a challenge for Christmas. My Countdown Goal is simple - Every day from November 1st to November 30th, I'm going to make 3 projects. They could be cards, tags, gift boxes, ornaments, whatever I want to complete but I have to complete at least 3 projects every day.
So here are my projects for the day. I am delighted to say that I managed to make 4 projects today - not the targeted 3 so I guess I am ahead of my goal at the moment. I made 2 cards with 2 coordinated tags and the recurring theme this time is red and white.
My first card is a candy cane card. I created a little oval window on the face the card and suspended a handmade candy cane in that space. To continue the theme of sweet treats, I embossed the front facade with a cupcake and candy embossing folder. I wanted to keep this card Clean and Simple but let me tell you that there was nothing simple about executing it.
- First I need 2 identical pieces of white card with ovals cut in exactly the same place.
- Then I need the red base layer to be cut with a smaller oval in the exact spot such that the borders on all four sides and the inner oval is all equidistant.
- Then I need to cut the candy cane and ensure that the reverse side is as perfect as the front side since when you open the card, the reverse side is visible.
- This meant that I had to cut 4 pieces for the candy cane - 2 white base layers and 2 red with the stripes.
- 2 of these candy canes had to be flipped as the reverse side had a completely differed direction and shape.
For my second card, I tried a different approach with the same layout. I replaced the Candy Cane with my favourite Christmas symbol - the poinsettia flower. Also instead of the flower being suspended in the window, I let it rest on a pice of white card stock directly below. The top layer which is embossed with a spotted design. And for the tag, I just glued the oval cut out from the card on a red base and added the hand-made poinsettia
Whew - that's Day 2 done and dusted. Tomorrow is Sunday, will I ever be able to craft on Sunday with the kids running amuck... Doubtful... but fingers crossed!!
Entering both cards and tags in to Crafters Corner Make it Festive
Entering both cards in CAS-ual Fridays 119 - Wet or Dry Embossing
Entering both tags in Lulupu's Tag it All
If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at email@example.com