Thursday, January 24, 2013

Footprints in the Sand

Footprints in the Sand is this lovely poem/ lyric/ story that I saw somewhere, sometime on someone's wall - don't remember the where, the when or the who but I deeply remember the what. Thanks to the power of the Internet and Google, I could find it again and my card is based on this wonderful story.I have used the picture inspiration from Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger and created this CAS card for CASual Fridays.

To add some perspective, here is the story...

One night I had a dream...

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;
One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed before us,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.


I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest 
and saddest times in my life
This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
You would walk with me all the way;
But I have noticed that during the 
most troublesome times in my life,
There is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I
needed you the most, you should leave me.


The Lord replied, "My precious, precious
child. I love you, and I would never,
never leave you during your times of
trial and suffering.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.


The words are so beautiful that I added them inside the card. The message is about keeping the faith and although I am not a particularly religious person, this particular saying has stayed with me. 

Here is the picture inspiration from Moxie Fab which I first saw on Sindhu's blog. Such a divine picture, wouldn't we all want a bedroom like this!


Also entering into Crafty Creations Challenge - Just Take 2 - I've got 2 sets of footprints.

42 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome card Sunehra... This is such a 'meaningful' card... Love it a lot and fab take on the Moxie Fab challenge inspiration picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. such a cute card and a very meaningful one too! loved the way you have placed the footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... wanted it to look like 2 sets and then one... not sure if that came out.

      Delete
  3. wow Sunehra...lovely thought and very beautiful interpretation..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story behind the card ! I liked this card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card.. like the story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lines were always my all time Favorite :) Read first time in a big wall hanging in Odyssey, Chennai way back in 2000...Thanks for bringing back that sweet lines in memory again :)

    And such a fantastic take on the inspiration. Love it Sunehra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes... see I too saw it on someone's wall somewhere ... wish I could remember... but its really so heartwarming

      Delete
  7. Lovely Card Sunehra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Card n the lines are so beautiful..!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous take on the colour scheme.I love that each and every card that you make is different.Very creative maam.Hats off to you.!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely Card sunhera ...i love the poem from which you have taken Inspiration such lovely lines :) ...Loved your take on both the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and beautiful poem! I must say I loved reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing.. Love love love the colors...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors from the picture are just a treat! No project could go wrong!

      Delete
  13. love the footprints sunehra and a lovely card. how did you make that?
    Adhiraacreations
    Healthy recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Shylaa... thanks so much... its all cut on my cameo... the fact is the Cameo may be pricey when it's purchased but it offers so much versatility and economy from then on. Any design i want - ANY design... can be cut.. I just don't need dies any more... I just google the design and it's with me in 2 seconds.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Absolutely love your take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its one of my favorite poems too Sunehra and I am not too religious either but this particular poem does touch a heart string!! How did you make the feet they look gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sonia - so glad to read that you're familiar with it..

      The footprints are all cut on my cameo... the fact is the Cameo offers so much versatility and economy. Any design i want - ANY design... can be cut.. no more hunting for appropriate dies, and trying to get the best bargain... I just google the design and it's with me in 2 seconds for like Rs. 50 or less. We all think, we shouldn't spend so much on a craft product but at the end of the day I'm spending so much less.

      Delete
  16. wow...so lovely n divine creation...soothing colors..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow i love it sunehra !!
    Such a cute card with such a nice meaning
    <3 it !!!
    Hugs
    Pooja
    lightboxcreative.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Sunehra! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sunehra......i love the way u've drawn inspiration from the colours in the pic. The card is amazing..as always!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! I am in love!!
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
    CHris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Sunehra ..... I love this card so much. Not to mention the verse. It is what I would call perfect in my book. Such beautiful work. Brenda XX

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute card and the meaning behind it is really awesome.Very touching:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is super fab ...love it.....beautiful colors too....

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!