Tuesday, January 29, 2013

As Proud as a Peacock

Deepti's Catchy Challenges is having a wonderful theme this time... it's all about making a patriotic card to coincide with Republic Day. As I thought about what to make for this challenge, I thought I would go with one of the emblems of India like the lotus, or tiger and finally decided on the peacock.  


I cut out the peacock design using my cameo on a piece of white card and then laid it over the midnight blue paper as shown. So if you look closely its not the blue stuck on the white, its the white stuck on the blue. Then I added the green swirls and orange flowers to complete the tricolor. The sentiment was once again etched on my cameo using a pen holder. I added a few midnight blue rhinestones on the feathers of the bird and completed the card with a pearl border. 

All in all I'm pretty happy with the result. And I'm glad I managed to enter this challenge. I wasn't part of any flag hoisting, patriotic parade or other celebration associated with this day but while making the card, I found myself recalling aspects of the freedom struggle and realizing that no matter what goes on in our country, I'm still so very proud to be Indian - as proud as a peacock in fact!

UPDATE: Hurray made it to top 3 for Catchy Challenges for this card!!!

29 comments:

  1. This is awesome Sunehra.. Mark my words, a sure winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Creation Sunehra, I agree with Sindhu..!! :)
    I have my incomplete card lying around...couldn't find time to complete it..!!
    How did you created peacock..? demo requested..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Prachi - it's all on the Cameo. I found a peacock cut file, placed my white card on the cutting mat and fed it into the cameo. It came out looking like this!

      Delete
  3. wow wow...n a big wow ....wat a grt take on wid d theme...i m totally agree wid d sindhu...a sure winner @ challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty one Sunehra... wonderful use of ur cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Sunehra.. A creative mind.... Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very very clever and creative.you are making fantastic use of your cameo.Brst of luch for the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely Sunehra...........u r so tempting me to get a cameo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooo!! This is such a beautiful card!! the peacock with the blue rhinestones is so eye captivating

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! you sure are putting your Cameo to best use ...you always manage to come up with such wonderful designs and sentiments using your cameo !!...your card is just stunning ..what a fabulous take on deepti's challenge ...I just love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unless you had pointed out ...it was clearly impossible to figure out that white was stuck on blue.awesome use of Cameo.I am saving for mine.Love the way you used the national bird and the national colors in one card without making it look cluttered.In my eyes its a winning creation.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sunehra..superb card..surely u will win this challenge because the neatness and the theme has come out very well..just in love with your card!all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i m loving it...so beautiful...peacock,flowers d whole layout looks superb :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow sunehra that peacock is just amazing !!!
    I enjoy your cards so much :) thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Pooja
    lightboxcreative.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow ! The peacock is really to be proud of ! It looks majestic !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My God!! Sunehra!! This is really beautiful, Marvelous and unique.. Thank you so much for playing at catchy Challenges.. Wish you all the best.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Sunehra, love the peacock and the how u've the colors of the tricolor

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Sunehra....what imagination and such creativity.....awesome! Is the Cameo a die cutting machine.....pretty new to crafting so dont know much!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The peacock looks grand.....congratulations on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    I've received an award from Laura from 'Quilling my passion' and now it's my turn to give it to others.
    Congratulations for your creations and please come to my blog and receive you award!

    Love!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice card. keep it up sunehra

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhh!! This is so pretty! The peacock looks AH-Mazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. The peacock is amazing.. Love the combination.. Stunning

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!