Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Lavish and Luscious Wedding Card

It's my first post of the new year and so far 2013 is looking pretty good. I found out today that I made it to the top 3 for 2 challenges. One was for my carousel card for Crafters Corner's Make a Set and the other was for Sunshine Creations Seasons' Greetings Challenge. I just had to blog about it because I think it is only you, my fellow crafter friends, who can appreciate the elation that accompanies success in a challenge. I shared the news with my family and I got the obligatory - WOW but somehow it's not quite as satisfying. 

My card today is what I created as inspiration for ItsyBitsy's latest challenge - Weddings and Celebrations - so a number of you may have already seen it. But since I was up till 5am on the 1st of January 2013 making it, I figured my blood, sweat and hard work should find a place here, on my blog too.

I want to use this post to showcase the gorgeous penmanship I added to this creation via my cameo. One of the 'toys' I got for Christmas was the Chomas pen holder with a set of gel pens. I replaced the cameo blade with this pen holder and used a silver gel pen to create the beautiful filigree design surrounding the kissing couple.

 

Another feature I had fun with were the silver flourishes. I coated each of them with versamark and immersed them in silver embossing powder before heat embossing them until they were dry and bonded. And who can go wrong with the divine flowers and pearls from ItsyBitsy? I should have thrown in some butterflies too I think. 

Thanks for dropping by, would love to read your comments if you haven't already on the ItsyBitsy Blog. Have a great year ahead folks!

Entering into:
RRR Challenge 63 - My New Toys & Ribbon - My new Toy is the Chomas Penholder
Crafty Creations Challenge 202 - Anything Goes 
Creative Moments Blogger Network 7 - Emboss it/ Anything Goes
Kaboodlesdoodlesblog 152 - Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu 10 - Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. First off A huge congrats on your Top 3's at Crafter corner and Sunshine Creation ...Your work is truly beautiful in both of them and its no wonder they were selected in the Top 3 :)
    I just loved this card of your's the moment I saw it on Itsy Bitsy blog ,its so beautiful and elegant and i really like the way you have coated the flourish with silver and your penmanship on the frame ...its just Awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for being selected in top 3 in both the challenges Sunehra! Your creations are just awesome...
    And as for this card, I think it's just divine... You are a genius and the silver flourishes are so elegant... Very beautiful card...and I agree with you totally about itsy bitsy flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning stunning creation!!Can't take my eyes off it!!love the silver and white combination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being on top.I totally get your comment about non crafty people.My friends are just the same.lol
    Love the card you have made.Making an all white card is in my tasklist this year.I just hope mine comes out as pretty as yours.

    Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super stunning card Sunehra.. Yes, I saw it on Itsy Bitsy blog and was drooling over it.. :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog and being my 150th Follower.. Yippie!!! I wish I could over you something but you are too far frm my place.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunehra when I saw your card on the Itsy Bitsy blog I guessed your cameo was in action...good to see you are using it to its maximum potential and I am thrilled your carousel is continuing its winning spree...I told you it was a winner all the way!!
    Yes only blogger friends will truly be able to appreciate things such as top 3 s and challenge winnings and giveaway winnings.My little crafter at home understands the concept ever since 2 of her crafts won her some awesome prizes so I have someone to share the happiness..I also have to share the goodies with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and so stunnonh, the image is simply magnificent. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    eclecticellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous....especially that doodling around the pic... You sure seem to be using your cameo to the fullest!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work!
    Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Congratulations Sunehra!! This is so elegant and you did a wonderful job.. Love the kissing couple and the silver flourishes.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Sunehra and love this card.Its elegant and festive.I am your new follower too.Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunehra!!This is such an elegant card for wedding!! and I love the couple!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card :) Didnt knew you a separate blog... thanks for hoping to my blog.. the flowers i used on my card are 3d kind of flowers from hobby ideas

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so elegant and gorgeous!! gotta sit and make something for the challenge, only if I wasn't neck deep in baby albums...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a very beautiful project. Love it. Thanks for playing along in the New Toy Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon Huggs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!!!! thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Challenge :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!