Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Glittering Cards for Christmas

A while ago I purchased some gold and silver sheets from ItsyBitsy and ever since they've been sitting in my paper tray waiting to be used. After browsing through scores of Christmas craft blogs the last few days, I finally figured out how I wanted to use them and here's what I came up with. 

I saw a challenge somewhere asking for white and gold plus one. I started thinking about it and this project came to mind. At the end, I was going to add a red poinsettia in the center but decided to stick to white and gold. This is the Christmas card I like the most of all the cards I made. Just sent it off to one of my best friends.

Taking a cue from the gold and white, I made a another card, this time silver and white. Interestingly I threw in another color on this project as I found the black background really offset the '3 wisemen centerpiece'. I like the religious feel to the card. So often we forget what Christmas is really about so I thought I could include a biblical reference for at least one of my cards.

I posted all the cards yesterday, hopefully they will reach in time for Christmas. Will do some more posts on the other cards and tags I made.

Linking to:
Sunshine Creations - SC4 Seasons Greetings
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge 107
Cameo Creations December Challenge
Our Daily Bread Designs - Snowflakes or Snow
RRR Challenge - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Unstampabelles - Christmas

Later folks!

22 comments:

  1. awesome Sunehra! Both are great. But the first one..white and gold is my favourite.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Sindhu :) have to agree with you on that :)

      Delete
  2. I too liked both of them ! The gold and silver paper give very rich look to the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know something, when I got them, they were so rich I couldn't figure out how to use them. I guess we have to subdue to richness. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. So very catchy cards, Sunehra...Love the rich look of first card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fantastic Sunehra!! Love the bows.. :D I'm very poor in tying a bow.. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Deepti - maybe I will do a tute on bows. There are so many videos out there but no harm in one more I think.

      Delete
  5. Sunehra the white and gold is so elegant and you know what attracts me most to your creations these days...its the bows...they are so fabulous..I can only tie surgical knots and try as I may cant manage the simplest of bows!! Your bows are fantastic!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    soniasv@rediffmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surgical knots!!! Dear Doc is in a totally different league!! All I know of surgical knots are the sutures I see on Grey's Anatomy. Thanks so much for the feedback! For you and Deepti, my next tute will be on bows.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card Sunehra!..Loved both of them....The color combo & the designs are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you Hussena, that's a wonderful compliment. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  7. These are amazing!! So you're owl...crafting till dawn!! hehe!! bookmarking your blog..lest I lose it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Cameo Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!!
    Thank you for joining us at RRR!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant cards! Love how you mimicked the shimmers on the paper with your choice of ribbons - gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with us this week!

    ;)Melody
    Cameo Creations Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such elegant cards!! I love the colors and dp!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful projects! Thanks for joining the Cameo Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are fabulous! I love the detail and intricate designs. They're just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cameo Creations! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creations. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are lovely! Thanks for sharing with us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!