Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Shabby Chic Pink Card


I gotta say when I first saw the inspiration photo at the 'For Love of Crafting' Shabby Chic Challenge, I was literally blown away and despite it being a really crazy month for me, I was desperate to create something for the contest.  But as the days passed, it became more and more evident that time was not on my side, and I would probably have to give it a miss. The month of July began, and all hope was lost until I saw a post on my blogger feed. It was a project by Shweta Patil of 'Creative Space'. She had just done a Shabby Chic card for this challenge and that's when I remembered, For the Love of Crafting  starts on the 10th of the month, not the 1st which means they were still open for submissions! Hurray!! I got to work right away and here's my creation. 


So there were a lot of things in the inspiration photo that appealed to me. The soft cream, white and pink colour scheme, the floral motif, the rose bunches and the theme of Shabby Chic is one of my faves at the moment. I tried to incorporate all these elements into my card. Here are some closeups. 



And here's a look at the the inspiration photograph from the challenge. Isn't it just fantastic! Makes you want to just run to the craft table and get crafting!!


If you would like to know the supplies used for this or any of my projects, please write to me at craftingtillthecrackofdawn@gmail.com

18 comments:

  1. Super fab!! Its so close to the inspiration pic. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So utterly beautiful!!This card is a sure shot winner Sunehra!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shraddha, u are surley gonna make it..it's just WOW, I loved the print on the ribbon !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome as always Sunehra! Superb take on the inspiration picture! You have become a pro at making shabby chic cards! :) that floral printed ribbon is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see a new post on your blog after so many days Sunehra !I card is just fabulous..loved soft colors combined with wonderful textures !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card....thanks for playing.....all the best.love daksha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. beautiful card Sunehra...Thank you for playing along with us at For the Love of Crafting.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of burlap and pink thread weaving Sunehra!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything in dis pic sunehra...... My fave is the soft jute cloth n the floral ribbon. It's all jus wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the roses look so real, nice colours to give a feel of shabby look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous take on the inspiration picture Sunhera ..Your shabby chic card looks so gorgeous !!..such beautiful use of colors and various texture..i really loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card.Loving the jute/burlap and the bow.Nice to see you post after so long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card.. love the stitches in the jute...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sunehra! You've done a great, sweet and lovely job.. :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at 'For the love of crafting'. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, its soo lovely sunhera :) love the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful work of Art :) becoming ur follower

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think. Mention your blog too so I can visit you!